LES Scholarship 2022 Timeline
1. February 15: Scholarship program to be inaugurated and disseminated
2. April 29: Deadline to submit completed online application
3. May 10: Finalist candidates to be announced
4. June 7: Deadline for finalists to submit their completed application and video
5. July 5: Winners to be announced
The Garcia Family Foundation – GFF – for Art, Culture, and Education is a US-based charitable foundation.
Central to GFF’s mission is a strong belief that education should be accessible to everyone because it is the key ingredient to success in this world.
GFF understands that affordability is a major hurdle to a first-class education and that no one should have to give up his or her education because of tuition amount or costs of living. GFF wishes to concentrate its help on living expenses as many universities and other foundations already provide scholarships for tuition.
In light of the ongoing pandemic, GFF recognizes there have been countless changes and sacrifices made for your education. Therefore in 2022, GFF will grant eight (8), six thousand dollar ($6,000) Living Expenses Scholarships.
To be considered, eligible students must meet the below requirements before submitting an application:
1) a Brazilian National;
2) enrolled at a competitive United States University; and
3) physically living in the United States.
The guidelines and timeline for the application process are as follows:
1. Eight (8) scholarships of $6,000USD a year will be granted to assist students with their living expenses for the 2022-2023 academic year;
2. All fields of study are encouraged to apply;
3. Low-income students are especially encouraged to apply;
4. The Living Expenses Scholarship will not discriminate in any way concerning race, gender, religion or sexual orientation;
5. The Living Expenses Scholarship will be awarded to graduate and undergraduate students;
6. To apply, students must submit all of the following:
– Two most recent grade transcripts
7. Two essay submissions are required. Both responses must be written in English and between 250-300 words. The following question is mandatory for all applicants:
A. Tell us about yourself and why you are applying for this scholarship.
Additionally, please choose ONE of the following prompts:
B. What is the most challenging assignment you have ever had?
C. To what writer would you award a prize?
8. Once the applications have been received, GFF will notify applicants whether they have reached the second stage and advise on the process for the final decision.
February 15: Scholarship program to be inaugurated and disseminated
April 29: Deadline to submit completed online application
May 10: Finalist candidates to be announced
June 7: Deadline for finalists to submit their completed application and video
July 5: Winners to be announced
Finally, GFF informs that:
- Past recipients of the Living Expenses Scholarship are encouraged to reapply provided they have successfully fulfilled all previous requirements;
- Students who were not granted with the Living Expenses Scholarship for 2021-2022 may apply again for this year’s installments;
- Scholarship announcements and updates will be made through social media. By applying, all candidates automatically consent to our Terms and Data Policy.
We look forward to congratulating the students selected to receive the GFF Living Expenses Scholarship for 2022-2023.
We wish good luck to all applicants!
Renata and Claudio Garcia
GFF Presidents and Founders
On behalf of the Garcia Family Foundation, we want to thank all of you who applied for our Living Expenses Scholarship Program 2022. After careful consideration, 8 students have been selected. The winners are:
1. Ana Luisa Moura de Souza
2. Betânia Alves dos Santos
3. Giovanna da Silva
4. João Victor Bezerra de Arruda
5. Lucas W Monteiro Paes
6. Moizes Almeida
19. Pedro Henrique Alves Silva dos Santos
22. Yuri de Melo Costa