Living Expenses Scholarship 2020/2021:
GFF – LES Scholarship 2020 Timeline
1. January 30: Scholarship program to be inaugurated and disseminated
2. March 30: Deadline to submit completed application
3. April 30: Finalist candidates to be announced
4. May 15: Deadline for finalists to submit their completed application and video
5. May 29: Winners to be announced
The Garcia Family Foundation – GFF – for Art, Culture and Education is a US-based charitable foundation.
Central to GFF’s mission is a strong belief that education should be accessible to everyone because it is the key ingredient to success in this world.
GFF understands that affordability is a major hurdle to a first-class education and that no one should have to give up his or her education because of tuition amount or costs of living.
GFF wishes to concentrate its help on living expenses as many universities and other foundations already provide scholarships for tuition. Therefore, in 2020, GFF will grant three (3) six thousand dollar ($6,000) Living Expenses Scholarships to eligible students who have been accepted at competitive United States universities and who need assistance in defraying their living expenses.
The guidelines and timeline for the application process are as follows:
1. Three scholarships of $6,000USD a year will be granted to assist students with their living expenses.
2. The Living Expenses Scholarship will be awarded to graduate and undergraduate students.
3. The applicant is a Brazilian national who has already been accepted to a competitive university in the United States. All fields of study are encouraged to apply.
4. Low income students are especially encouraged to apply.
5. The Living Expenses Scholarship will not discriminate in any way concerning race, gender, religion or sexual orientation.
6. To apply, students must submit all of the following:
b. Two most recent grade transcripts
c. Choice of 1 of the 2 following essay questions. Responses must be written in English and in less than 400 words:
• What is the most interesting thing about you that we wouldn’t learn from your resume alone?
• What is the best advice you have ever received?
7. Once the applications have been received, GFF will notify applicants whether they have reached the second stage and advise on the process for the final decision.
January 30: Scholarship program to be inaugurated and disseminated
March 30: Deadline to submit completed application
April 30: Finalist candidates to be announced
May 15: Deadline for finalists to submit their completed application and video
May 29: Winners to be announced
Finally, GFF informs that:
• Recipients of the 2019-2020 Living Expenses Scholarship are encouraged to reapply provided they have successfully fulfilled all previous requirements.
• Students who were not granted with the Living Expenses Scholarship for 2019-2020 may apply again for this year’s installments.
• Scholarship announcements and updates will be made through social media. By applying, all candidates automatically consent to our Terms and Data Policy.
We look forward to congratulating the students selected to receive the GFF Living Expenses Scholarship for 2020-2021.
We wish good luck to all applicants!
Renata and Claudio Garcia
GFF Presidents and Founders