Living Expenses Scholarship 2019/2020
The Garcia Family Foundation – GFF – for Art, Culture and Education is a US-based charitable foundation.
Central to GFF’s mission is a strong belief that education should be accessible to everyone, because it is the key ingredient to success in this world.
GFF understands that affordability is a major hurdle to a first class education, and that no one should have to give up his or her education because of the amount of the tuition or the costs of living.
GFF whishes to concentrate its help on living expenses as many universities or other foundation provide already scholarship for tuition. Therefore, in 2019, GFF will begin granting three (3) six thousand dollar ($6,000) living expenses scholarship to eligible students who have been accepted at competitive United States universities and who need assistance in defraying their living expenses.
The guidelines and timeline for the applications are the following:.
- Three scholarship of $6000 a year will be granted to assist students with their living expenses.
- The living expenses scholarship will be awarded to graduate and undergraduate students.
- The ideal applicant is a Brazilian national who has been already accepted to a competitive university in the United States. All fields of study are encouraged to apply.
- Low income students are especially encouraged to apply, and the living expenses scholarship will not discriminate in any way concerning race, gender, religion or sexual orientation.
- To apply the student has to complete the application form below.
- Once the applications have been received GFF will inform applicants whether they have reached the second stage, and the process for the final decision.
- January 30th: scholarship program to be inaugurated and disseminated
- March 30th: deadline to submit complete application
- April 30th: finalist candidates to be announced.
- May 15th: finalist candidates to submit their final application.
- May 30th: Winners to be announced.
Finally GFF informs that:
- The scholarship may be renewed for students following under graduation program or graduation program for more than one year. Guidelines for renewal will be published in 2020.
- A student that was not granted with the living expenses scholarship for 2019-2020 may apply again the following year.
We hope to congratulate very soon the selected students to receive GFF living expenses scholarship for 2019-2020.
We wish good luck to all applicants!
Renata and Claudio Garcia
GFF President and founders